Many of you have mentioned that you notice that I'm not my usual self lately. This is true. I have been giving it great consideration as to why...here's what I have come up with...
I have been thinking today about how there truly is a time and a season for everything. I consider myself a fairly optimistic soul (most of the time). I tend to enjoy life and what it has to offer, as well as the path my life has taken. But lately I have felt more serious than usual. This is not to say I am unhappy by any means, or that I am not enjoying life. I just mean that I am in a more serious mood and my life seems to have a more serious tone at the moment. I have felt this way before, and I too tend to worry about myself a bit when I do. But tonight it dawned on me...there are times to play, times to dig in and get to work, and times to devote our efforts toward more serious matters.
There are just a lot of big things going on in my life these days. Some of which I won't mention here, not because I don't love y'all...but just that I don't want to put too many personal things on something so public, ya know? But...regardless of all the details, big things are afoot in my life and this is bringing out another side of me.
For starters...school. With my deadlines coming closer I need to focus on my studies with a bit more intensity. This filters into work because I am taking three months off work beginning in January to do some teaching in an elementary classroom in Utah for my masters. This requires me to make three months of sub plans...joy of joys!
Probably the biggest reason for my seriousness at the moment is not the kind of thing you share on a blog, so I apologize for bringing it up and then being incredibly vague about it. This life experience has become one of the greatest blessings, yet the greatest trial I have ever faced. I have never felt so much peace and direction, yet so much heartache and confusion in all my life. I have no doubt that my life has been and is being carefully orchestrated by a loving Heavenly Father, but figuring out my part of the job in it, and having faith to let the Lord do His part in His time is sometimes a little tricky. It requires serious contemplation and intense prayer and study. This provokes some of my seriousness, I have no doubt.
Anyway, long story short...I'm not feeling "bouncy" at the moment...but I'm sure I will soon! But honestly, I'm not unhappy or depressed by any means. I may be a bit more subdued for a few weeks, but as it always does, that will change. I just hope I don't bore you all to tears if my blog is a bit more serious these days. It's just another side of me...and after all, this blog is all about what's up with me...right?

4 comments:
I love you Juli. Remember that everything is possible with the Lord. I like your funny & serious side. Thanks for all our good chats & for listening to me also. You're great (just like the frosted flakes we at for breakfast). Never forget what an amazing example you are to all:)
Julie.. you don't have to be happy all the time. it's ok. I have tried it. Being content and happy is not the same as "acting" chipper. You have a lot of big decisions and (possible)changes in your life right now. Give yourslef that. Everything else will fall into place. I love you!
I've been having some stuff go on two that has made me a little more serious too.. just trying to sort things out and figure out my priorities and move forward. Maybe it's being 28 or something. LOL
Just read my comment again and saw that it was "stuff go on two". Oops. And then the rest of the sentence sounds all weird.. so yeah. I rock. ;o)
Post a Comment