Okay, add these to the list of funny things I heard from kids about the election.
First of all, this is my favorite. Kids do this whenever there is big news, like Hurricane Katrina or something. "Did you hear that Obama won?" Okay, first of all, it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I had heard this about 400 times (okay, maybe closer to 40 times, but still) already today. Not to mention that as an adult, I follow these things much more closely than most 2nd graders.
(This was actually from another teacher, but too funny not to share) "Since Obama is our President now, we will have to have two extra hours of school every day and go on Saturdays too!" (Where do they even come up with this stuff?)
"Somebody might shoot Obama and then he won't be President anymore!" (Such violence!!!!) To which I responded, "Oh honey, that would be much worse, then we'd be stuck with Biden!" To which he responded "But if someone killed the Vice President then McCain would be third in line" to which I had the pleasure of informing him that the speaker of the house was third in line and McCain was not even in the same ballpark as the supposed line. I don't think he (being 6 and all) has any idea who Biden is, let alone who or what the speaker of the house is...but I felt that I should correct him anyway.
See...this is why my job is not boring.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment