Sunday, November 9, 2008

My secret shame


Okay, please love me, even after you know this about me...

I love LDS romance novels.

There, I've said it. The secret is out and I don't have to hide it anymore. Mock me if you will, but remember that I am the same Juli you have always known. :)

Okay, now that I got that off my chest I can get on with my post. I have been listening to books on CD in my car to and from work. It seemed like a good use of 2 hours a day spent in a car. Well, it turns out the public library in the town where I work has quite the collection of LDS romance novels on CD. I know right...how good is this? So, they were kind enough to give me a library card since I work there, WAY TO GO, IDAHO! So...now I am in LDS romance novel bliss. I am currently working through one of Anita Stansfield's series, the Barrington Family Saga. It's really good and I am now on book 3 of 4. Love it!

Well, the other day, I was listening to it and it made me cry (not the first time mind you). I looked over at the car next to me and this guy was looking at me all concerned because I was bawling! It was so embarassing, but also really funny.

This reminds me of another experience. There is an episode of Full House where Jesse's grandpa, also known as Papouli, dies. My friend Jason used to tease me incessantly because that episode makes me cry like a baby. Well, when I was in the hospital a couple years ago with pancreatitis, there was NOTHING on TV except constant episodes of Full House and an occassional Cosby Show. So guess which episode came on? Sure enough, Papouli! Well, I'm sitting there crying and in comes the nurse. She was like "oh my gosh, are you okay, are you in pain?" I had been on a morphine pump for days, so pain was not so much a problem anymore at this point, so I had to admit that I was crying because of Full House. SO EMBARASSING! She laughed and laughed and laughed. When I called to tell Jason about it, he had a fairly similar reaction.

Anyway, enough rambling. Night y'all!

5 comments:

Bronda Bailey said...

Wait . . . there are series of LDS Romance novels. *vomits* AND Full House? In the same post? What did I do to deserve this?

In the words of the tourette's guy, "Bob Saget!"

Anonymous said...

You're too funny!

Funniest...we were just watching Toy Story and while I was reading this, the "Way to go Idaho" line came on!...Spooky!

Anonymous said...

So funny. I remember watching Full House with your and your roommies our freshman year. Those were the days.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Juli, I'm right there with you. If you need to borrow any I've got a few. The Barrington Saga is one of my fav's and I cried too. Hey and I cry over a good comercial on TV!
Juanita

Anonymous said...

Nerd...ok I admit I was a Full House nerd also & I remember exactly the episode you were talking about. Your blogs make me laugh!!! Romance novels...cheesy, but I've already given you crap about them. I've never been into them, maybe I'll have to "cry"...I mean try:)