Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day


In honor of Veterans Day, we had a program at school. My students sang America The Beautiful, The Armed Forces Medley, and God Bless The USA. There were quite a few (one student said he counted 40??) veterans who came. The students were really quiet and respectful during the assembly and they sang amazingly! I must say, I can hear them sing these patriotic songs thousands of times, but to hear all 600 of them sing together still sends shivers down my spine. It reminds me that these are the future of our country...and trust me, our future is bright!

Ya know what I remember most from the day? After the assembly, I was standing next to one of the veterans. He was the cutest little old man and he was sitting there with tear filled eyes, a look of pure humility and gratitude on his face. No description I can give could come near to doing this picture justice, but it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...and it is etched in my memory. I am so thankful for all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country. Thanks to you and your loved ones for the sacrifices you have made for this great country!

Tonight our Relief Society had a gratitude dinner. The food was really good, the company was wonderful, and the entertainment spectacular! Emily and Juanita (I have no doubt you'll read this!) I absolutely loved your musical numbers!!!!!

So...in short...it was a fabulous day. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Juli. I love you and your blogs are inspirational. Juanita

Steph said...

Fabulous job by the way!!!

Becky said...

Wow, what a neat day you had. I can imagine how amazing it was having all of those kids sing at the same time and seeing the Veterans.. wow.

I tagged you.. see my blog to check it out. :-D

Troy and Emily said...

Thank you, but I was hoping to hear you on the flute! I haven't heard you play for forever. I feel like I never get to talk to you even though we are in the same ward. How pathetic! At least I know what is going on with you through your blog. How exciting that you will be here in town for your student teaching! Good luck. P.S. Don't you think that we should all get together for an old-fashioned YW sleepover?!! It would be so fun!

Shuman X Seven said...

It was amazing!!! I loved seeing the Veterans faces too. I don't think oyu relaize what a tremendous tribute you gave to them. It was an amazing day! You are the best Julie!