Saturday, November 1, 2008

The happenings...

So...now that I have been a "Debbie Downer" and let you all know I'm all serious (see the previous post)...it's time to give you a Juli update.

My mom's uncle died last weekend, so Wednesday morning her and her two brothers flew to Texas for the funeral. He got really sick during the weeks following the hurricane when they were without power, and he was never able to recover. He was a veteran, a Methodist and a Freemason...so I hear the services were pretty interesting and kinda cool. Sorry I missed it.

So, with my mom gone...it left me and Daisy here with my dad. Daisy kept an eye on him during the day while I was at work. She's amazing like that. Anyway, he can now eat somewhat solid food like pasta, eggs, and potato salad...woot! He's doing awesome! He can go back to work sooner than expected and all seems to be healing nicely. What a blessing!

Wednesday night, Daisy and I went to visit some friends in Hyrum. I had a lot of fun catching up with the people while she caught up with the dogs and cats. It was really fun.

Friday night after a trick-or-treat visit from some of my family, oops, I mean Commander Cody (a star wars storm trooper), Cinderella, Winnie the Pooh, Indiana Jones, and Sleeping Beauty, Ginger and I headed to Salt Lake to pick up mom from the airport. We ate dinner at Red Robin and came to the conclusion that what people dress like on Halloween says a lot about them. We also decided that we are always going to go out on Halloween...what a fun night to people watch! Then we went to visit her cousin (who is an accountant...I figured that out on my own...I can spot them a mile away!) and his wife. They were fun to meet! Ginger spent the night here since we didn't get home until pretty late. We watched this weeks episode of The Office and went to bed.

Today I went to Ogden to spend the day with Amber, Jason, Adam, Cassie, and AJ. We had a blast! I had to be boring and leave to come home and do homework after dinner...but we still had a super fun day. We even saw Barack Obama...who knew he doubled as a high school debate student?

On the "list" front...I have not only decided to give up Diet Dew for a week, but all soda. I started yesterday, my friends, and have successfully gone two full days with no soda. How proud are you? I figured I'd better get crackin', I posted my list a full month ago and I turn 29 in six and a half months. I can't fail the list! So there you have it, I'm working on #9.

And that my friends brings you "up to speed" on my life. Hooray!

3 comments:

Mecqae said...

You are allowed times in your life where you are serious. Especially when you are going through the trials in your life. I am sorry to hear about your uncle, and am excited to hear about your dad :) I love you to death and you know you can call me whenever you need to talk. We need to play again! Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Just keep some Advil around in case you get a caffeine headache!!

Good job!

Troy and Emily said...

I love reading your blog because you are just so you! I hope you get the bounce back in your step soon but you have had a big thing to be serious about with your dad. I'm so glad he's doing well. Good luck with all those sub lesson plans. Yuck!