
Well, today was awesome! First of all, I voted this morning because I had a YW Presidency meeting tonight and wouldn't have time to vote after work. Well, I had my "I Voted" sticker on and so my students kept asking who I voted for. I just told them I wouldn't tell them and then listened to their responses. It was hilarious! Here are a few of my favorites from the day... ( you can tell I teach in a very conservative, dominantly Republican town)
If Obama wins, he will turn us all into American slaves!
If Obama wins, and you don't want a baby but didn't have an abortion, you can just stop taking care of them.
If Obama wins, we won't be able to hunt anymore.
If Obama wins, we will have to wear uniforms to school.
This last one is from another teacher, but too good not to share... "You should vote for McCain because it's called the White House, not the Black House" ha ha ha ha ha ha
I was reminiscing about the 1988 election. I was in the third grade and in my young mind I thought that if Dukakis won, we would have to move to Canada because the U.S. would be too horrible to stay!
So...now that we know that Obama has won...I guess we better be prepared to quit hunting, quit taking care of our babies, paint the white house, wear uniforms, and become slaves. Or, we can always move to Canada...

6 comments:
Oh juli you're too cute! I gotta kick out of this one.
SO FUNNY!!! I think that I heard every one of those comments today except for the one about the White House. Hilarious!!
It is interesting the things pick up at home!
Ha ha aren't kids hilarious! I heard a couple from my sixth graders today as well, for example...
Now that Obama won, they are going to take God out of the pledge! He can't do that, can he?!?!?
Since Obama won, he's going to kill all the Mormons.
Yeah, I'm not sure where they came up with that last one, but man are they funny!
I heard most of those, and a few others... but, technically, wouldn't it be the gray house since Obabma is half white????
I was even told that this was the end of the world, yes armagedon is here! I even had one student say we were all going to hell! Amazing what parents are teaching their kids these days :)
Post a Comment