Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rugby ramblings

Tonight my brother and I went to see Forever Strong. We didn't know anything about the movie, it just sounded good (I remembered that Brian and Michelle liked it, so I figured it was good). Well...my review? Not too shabby. A bit cheesy and predictable...but good. I recommend it. And it's always nice to see familiar places and faces in a movie. Aside from Big Budah, I think the best character to see on the screen was the guy in the KFC commercial that also plays Laman in a church movie. Mostly because my brother borrowed his cell phone to call us from the airport on his way home from his mission to tell us his flight was canceled. It's his claim to fame, so we were excited about it.

Okay, so with this movie comes my rugby memories. Rugby is HUGE in Australia. I have even been to a live game which was so much fun...let's take a look...
This is the Cronulla Sharks (my team of choice) playing Newcastle, I think but I can't remember exactly. Anyway, good game...Sharks won. There is a guy in Leisa's (my Aussie friend) ward that plays for them (at least at the time this was all true). He took a good hit that night and wasn't in church the next day. But anyway, the game was super fun.

Other things I found interesting about the movie. They do the Haka, which is really a traditional Maori dance and sometimes used as a Maori war chant. They stole it from the New Zealand All Blacks who do it before every game...it's pretty cool. See for yourselves...


Anyway...there was my reminiscing/random tangent for the day.

1 comments:

Bronda Bailey said...

RUGBY! I feel so edimacated now. Thanks Chew!