Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I should really be doing homework...

But blogging is way more fun!

Awhile back I had a photo of me with four of the eight most amazing people I know. Here are the other four...You can totally tell they are my nieces and nephews by their good looks huh? They run in the family, what can we say? :)

Dad came home from the hospital over the weekend. Hooray! He's still eating liquids, which he has been since a week before surgery, poor guy! Although today the doctor told him he could progress to mashed potatoes and gravy...yay! He got his staples (all twenty of them) out today. So...he's on the mend...and we're thankful. Funny story... On Sunday he was showing my nieces and nephews his incision and my niece (who is the sweetest little thing ever) was all concerned about it. So he said "The doctor thought I was the Big, Bad Wolf and was looking for Little Red Riding Hood. They all thought it was hilarious! Silly Grandpa!

So I was doing this little singing activity with my students to see if they can match pitch (of course they don't know that, they just think it's a fun game!). The whole class sings (on sol, mi, and la for you music nerds) "What will you be for Halloween?" Then each student gets a turn to answer (in their singing voice, also on sol, mi, and la of course) "I'm going to be a _____". So, three hilarious answers...ready?
#1 a little girl "My mom won't let me be a vampire" Are we bitter sweetie?
#2 a little boy "Darth Vader" in speaking voice...so I responded with "Can you sing it?" to which he sang "dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun" in case dun dun dun doesn't clear it up for you, that was supposed to be The Imperial March...so funny!
#3 another little boy "I made my costume myself. It's plastic man and I'm giving him a bit of technology so he can write on paper" I have no idea what that means, but I just about died of hysteric laughter.
A Halloween Story for you...
A man was walking home alone one night when he hears a "BUMP...BUMP...BUMP..." behind him. Walking faster, he looks back, making out an image of an upright coffin banging its way down the middle of the street towards him..."BUMP...BUMP...BUMP..." The man begins to run towards his home, and the coffin bounces after him faster...faster...BUMPBUMPBUMP. He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, and locks it behind him. The coffin crashes through his door, with the lid of the coffin clapping BUMP BUMP BUMP on the heels of the terrified man. The man rushes upstairs to the bathroom and locks himself in, heart pounding. With a CRASH, the coffin breaks down the door, coming slowly towards him, the man screaming, reaches for something, anything...all he can find is a box of cough drops which he throws at the coffin...and the coffin stops!!!

5 comments:

Bronda Bailey said...

Boy #2 rocks. Can you get his phone number so I can call his mom and see if he can come hang out with us next time all our friends get together?

Bronda Bailey said...

Boy #2 is the best. Can you get his phone number so I can call his mom and see if he can hang out with us next time all our friends get together?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad some pictures were salvaged on "Freaky-weird-camera day". They turned out really cute. It helps that they are cute to begin with.

Shuman X Seven said...

homework blogging.... homwork, blogging??????? Cute nieces and nephews..... News about Dad... fun stories....silly jokes.... studying???? of course you blog!!! DUH!!!!

Anyhow, Thanks for the entertainment.. and thanks for helping in my class today. I think you did a great job!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your Dad is home and mending. Missed you Sunday:)
Juanita