Saturday, November 8, 2008

Demonstration Teaching Placement

Well, today I received my DT placement confirmation. I will be teaching 3rd grade at a school about a mile north of my house. I am so excited! My sister-in-law is being placed there as well in 2nd and 3rd grade since the teacher she will be with teaches some subjects in each of the two grades. She and I both had requested different grades and different schools (since we knew teachers we hoped to be placed with), but the district said that both of the schools we requested were not able to host another student teacher at this time. I don't mind though, I am just excited that it'll be here in town and so close to home. And 3rd grade is my favorite! :) YAY!

For clarification...since many of you that read my blog may not know this already...

I am getting my masters in elementary education. My bachelors was in music education, so I can teach music K-12...but my masters will allow me to teach all subjects K-8. Because I student taught in music for my bachelors, I need to student teach again, this time in the elementary classroom, for my masters. So, the school district I teach at in Idaho granted me a three month unpaid sabbatical to do this (for which I am very grateful). To compensate for the loss of three months of salary, I moved home with my parents for the year. Anyway, so from Christmas break until after Spring break (at the beginning of April) I will be here in Utah student teaching 3rd grade.

I have always commuted at least an half an hour to work and am currently commuting an hour, so driving up the street will be nice! It will be fun to have my sister-in-law there too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I can't wait to sub!

Becky said...

Very nice!!

My oldest daughter is in third grade.. crazy huh!!

Shuman X Seven said...

I am going to miss you so much!!