Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love lists!

Okay, so I started to make a "bucket list" (ya know, all the things I want to do before I die) a couple weeks ago. This has been incredibly fun and exciting. The problem is, I think that it needs to be a growing and changing list as my life circumstances and priorities change. This would not be a big deal, except that I'm a perfectionist. I can have a growing and changing list for myself, but I can't post it on my blog, it seems too permanent (OCD, I know). So, here is my solution... on my birthday each year, I will make a list (and post it) of things I want to do that year. This brings a new problem, it's October and my birthday is not until May. I am too impatient to wait that long, I want to start now! So... more solutions! I will make one for the remainder of the year, and then start the birthday tradition...woohoo! So, with that...here it goes...

Things I want to do before I turn 29
1. Go to a movie by myself
2. Learn to make Pad See Ew (my favorite Thai dish)
3. Sing a Karaoke solo, in public (like at a bar or something, not on the street where Aaron has to save me from a drunk man...that was crazy!)
4. Eat at the Aussie resturaunt in Idaho Falls
5. Read Tuesdays With Morrie
6. Go Skinny Dipping
7. Take something I love and do not want to part with to DI (I almost don't want to do this, but I think it would be cool)
8. Escape for a day, just me and Daisy
9. Go a week without Diet Mt. Dew (I thought a month, then thought I'd better not make this too lofty!)
10. Attend a different denominations church service (I haven't done this for a very long time)

So there you have it my friends...I'll keep you posted on my progress. But, don't be surprised if I drag you to a karaoke bar, to IF, or to visit the Methodists!

11 comments:

Adam and Cassie said...

I go with you except to go skinny dipping. That would be awkward.

Anonymous said...

No Diet Dew? That would not be good.

Unknown said...

I've got you covered (or not, as it were) on at least two of those. ;)

Troy and Emily said...

This is so fun and so YOU! Sounds like you have a lot to do. Get crackin'!

Shuman X Seven said...

You better get busy.... Iguess you can do it for my birthday, it is in October!!

Bronda Bailey said...

Good luck on #6. How much is an indecency ticket worth now a day? Ian, you know?

Anonymous said...

I knew you and I were meant to be friends. I'm crazy for lists. And I have a "50 Before 50" list of things that I want to do before I turn 50. But I like your idea of a yearly. I'll have to start doing that.

Singing a Karaoke solo is on my list. But it freaks me out. Still on my list though.

Joyce said...

Love your blog, Juli! And your bucket list. Great, lofty, but attainable goals. You inspire me. :)

Steph said...

What the heck? You have a blog? I am so excited!! I was looking on Joyce's blog and noticed that she had a map from a Juli. Could it be? YESSSSSS it certainly was.

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. I'm willing to help you out on a few of those...Not the skinny dipping one, though. I think you may have to do that one alone!

Mecqae said...

Count me in my friend, yes count me in!