Well, I may have enjoyed the physical rollercoaster, but I'm not so sure that the emotional ones are quite as fun...
Tuesday we found out that my dad has a life-threatening medical condition. It stems from an accident in his childhood (he was hit by a snowplow) and some internal bleeding and damage to his organs that they were unaware of at the time. The surgeon told him he'd never seen anything like it, but that they needed to operate or he would die. He will be having surgery on Monday morning in hopes of correcting it. On the bright side, with the help of much prayer, fasting, and the Priesthood, we know that it is in the Lord's hands. I will keep everyone posted as to how things go.
Now for the better news of the week...
Wednesday night I met my friend Mecqae in Ogden for a night out. We had a near death experience at the mall. Okay, so I'm a bit dramatic, but it was scary. When we were walking in the mall there were these two old creepy guys sitting near the entrance. They said "hey sweetheart" which we ignored and pretended not to hear. Then they said "I'm talking to you" and we again kept talking as if we hadn't heard them. Coincidentally, they were talking kind of softly. Anyway, after wandering the mall for about a half an hour we went out a different door. We snuck around the mall to where we had parked and when we were in sight of the doors they were sitting at, hustled to the car. Once we were in and the doors were locked, we sped out of there! SCARY!
I took Thursday off (since I teach in Idaho, I didn't already have it off) and went to UEA with my mom and brother. Since they are both teachers in Utah, I could get in for free with them...woohoo! We also went to IKEA, Orson Gygi's, and a few other fun places. I had tons of fun!
My niece at the beginning of our marathon shopping day
Thanks to a dessert run with Adam and Cassie, I can never go to Sonic in B.C. again (or at least not until some other fool etches themselves in the staff's memory). Small sacrifice for massive amounts of laughter.
And...a shout out to my little brother for saving his company $20,000 before noon with his mad negotiation skills. You totally deserved the Awesome Blossom with extra awesome!

10 comments:
There is totally not a McDonalds in Willard. We checked!!!
You should have immediately went and found a duty and told on those creepy men!! I hope that all goes well with your dad I will keep him in my prayers.
Juli! Thanks for the update. My prayers are with you, your father, and your family.
Hey Juli! Thanks for the update. My prayers are with you, your father, and your family.
You are totally fired! Oh well, I guess it could be worse, you could have posted that picture on face book. Keep me posted with your dad and all. As always Im praying for you.
Thanks for posting about your dad. He's in our prayers!
Sad news, scary news, and fun news all in one posting. You are awesome! I'll be praying too, along with many others, that everything goes well with your dad.
Safety tip: Next time creepy old guys hit on you, adopt a lisp and pretend you're a gay man. Of course, if they keep coming you're in real trouble.
Tell your Dad I said hi and that I hope he feels better.
Oh Julianne, I was so sad to read this post about your dad. I pray all will go well and he will be good and healthy.
Mecqae told me about the picture that you took of her and put on here...I don't think it's that bad! :) I hope everything works out with your dad. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment