Sunday, October 12, 2008

Barns, hospitals, furnaces, and snow

This has been one crazy weekend. I went to a "Halloweenie Roast" with Ginger. It was out in Paradise and was ridiculously awesome. There were zillions of people I didn't know, fires, hot dogs, a "spook alley" in the barn, fishpond, tractor rides, and a giant Optimus Prime. Unfortunately, my camera was in my car back at the house. :( Following the Roast, we went back to Julie and Ginger's house to karaoke. It was crazy fun. My mom called about 11:30 to tell me she was at the hospital with my dad...so I promptly left to go home.

Saturday, the FCCLA and FFA were in charge of the Sadie Hawkins dance at my mom's high school. Since my mom is the FCCLA advisor, she had a lot of stuff going on with that. We had a furnace repair guy at our house for the better part of the day (luckily the furnace works now). I was going to go down to Salt Lake for Amber's birthday party (and make a stop to see my brother and his family on the way), but under the circumstances, decided to stay with my dad while my brothers helped my mom with the dance. I heard from the YW in my ward that it was a huge success...several of them said that it was the "funnest date" they have ever been on! After my dad went to sleep, I drove out to the barn to help clean up, but they had already finished up and were on their way home.

Well, today I got a new calling...Young Women secretary. I got called a couple weeks ago, but with General Conference, didn't get sustained until today. I love YW's...I think it's the best place in the church. I am pretty stinkin' excited about it.

First snow of the season...Daisy loves to play in the snow. I love this time of year. The pumpkins everywhere, the leaves, the crazy weather, the sweaters (that's probably my favorite part), the chill in the air, etc... Fall is totally my favorite season, I love it!

Daisy was glad to have Grandpa home...she sure loves him! We all do...and we hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Troy and Emily said...

I hope your dad is ok! I was very excited to find out that you will be in YW! Congrats! My mom and I had just been saying that you ought to be in there. That will be so fun!

Becky said...

Awww, it's your dad! I haven't seen him in forever!!

Remember when we used to sit on his bed and watch movies?

Hope he's doing ok. Your dog is SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that! That and yes, Grandma Moody is the one that lived up the street. I can't remember if I answered that question already. Oh, the memories! I remember you had a Kid Sister (or was it My Buddy you had? Both maybe?) and I was SOOOOO jealous! I always wanted one. Hee hee