Thursday, July 23, 2009

To the lake...

Oh how I love Bear Lake. I have always loved it. I grew up going at least once every summer and it's just not summer without it.


This is before (or mid perhaps) burning myself to a crisp. Seriously, it HURT for days, then blistered, and now I'm super itchy and pealing so badly that I swear I have leprosy.


But hey, hopefully I'll have enough of a tan left over to keep me from burning so easily when I go again next week! Either way, I'll be sure to sunscreen better (you'd think I'd have learned by now...stupid Juli). If not, I'll hope that my small effort I gave the next day, relaying for life (all sunburned of course) has helped to find a cure for the skin cancer I will probably have from all my Bear Lake sunburns.

Random tip... I went to see Harry Potter (which I LOVED, of course) with Julie and Mel. Julie, noticing my sunburny discomfort, gave me some aloe spray with lidocaine in it. Oh sheesh...that stuff and loads of ibuprofen works wonders for sunburns. And by works wonders I mean makes it somewhat bearable (which is a huge improvement mind you). :) Thanks Julie...you rock!

1 comments:

Mecqae said...

I wish I could say that I have never been that sunburned. But I can't! I love Aloe!!!!!