This is a debate I hear periodically. Some people say yes. The best argument for yes, in my opinion, is that the room looks MUCH better with a made bed. It's true...a room really doesn't look clean if the bed isn't made. Now, before all you close friends and family freak out and say "you don't usually make your bed!" just chill. I know that, but that's not because I don't think you should. It's because I don't take the time...sad, but true. Anyway, then there's the argument against making your bed. The most common reasoning being that you're just going to sleep in it again tonight. True, but honestly I think it's kind of a lame excuse. I mean, why take your shoes off if you are just going to put them back on in the morning? WEAK!
So...point of this post...
I walked into my bedroom the other day and discovered the first argument for why not to make your bed that I thought was good...ready??

Doesn't she look MUCH more comfortable on my unmade bed than she could if it were made?? :)
By the way...I made my bed this morning. That's before I even thought about writing a post about it. Just a random coincidence. I am trying to do better...because my room is SOOOO cute...and again, looks better with the bed made.
3 comments:
I like your argument, but I'm afraid I might have to be more diligent about making my bed just so my kids DON'T come crawling in it!
Ok, so here's how mine plays out.
Up until about a year ago I *never* made my bed unless we were having company over (that might see into my room- with my kids, you never know when they'll run in there and leave the door open).
Anyway, I'm a blanket hog. If I touch it, I grab it and roll around in it and it becomes mine. We figured out quickly that Drew and I require separate blankets or he'd freeze. So the blankets on our bed get thrown every which way at night making it a big PITA to make the bed so we never did.
But last year I decided I wanted a nicer looking bedroom so I spent $$$ at Kohl's (even with waiting for a sale and 30% off online code) for a nice set, pillows, the whole 9 yards. Now I make my bed almost every day. I love how it looks pulled together.
My main prob. now is that Hayden climbs into my bed almost every night and he wakes up after I do so I have to wait to make it. Like Daisy, they just look so comfortable.
Whew, aren't you glad I shared???
I get havoc from my mom every time she sees my unmade bed, and I don't even live with her! I to sleep with my blankets wrapped up all around me; I have even gotten to the point that I have to mess up a made bed to be comfotable... so that is my excuse.
Post a Comment