Our ward took 20 girls and they were all FABULOUS!
We were in a new area of the camp so we were the first people to camp in our campsite. We were pretty far up the mountain where there was no cell phone service (which frankly, I recommend at girl's camp) and plenty of wildlife. This, of course, meant snakes. The scariest part though was that there was a bear there two weeks ago...so we were fairly sure we would be eaten by a bear. The threat didn't seem too bad except for the night I heard something large outside our tent at 2:30 in the morning. I thought I was going to die. There's still a debate as to whether it was some wild animal or some obnoxious teenagers that I may have to kill later. Anyway, we had a resident squirrel in our camp...which we kept well fed. He crawled in this bag, pulled out the paper bag and chewed through it, chewed through the plastic bag, and picked the nuts out of the trail mix. We sat and watched him do this for almost an hour. He was a cute little guy. We named him Dennis after our Bishop.
This is for Ron and Brenda. Our Stake Camp Director was Ron's mom. If you look closely, you'll see her in her awesome helmet.
Anyway...now I am home with a wicked farmer's tan and a "virtue bracelet" as mementos of my incredible week.

0 comments:
Post a Comment