Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tender Mercies

I know that sometimes it feels like as hard as we try, nothing ever works out the way it "should" for us. Then it's so easy to pass things off as little coincidences when they go right. Well, I'm trying to be more aware of the "tender mercies" in my life. Well...I have a little tithing miracle to mention. Now I do this with a bit of trepidation because two days after I announced on my blog that I had experienced a tithing miracle because my massive amounts of dental bills ended up being $58 less than my tax return after insurance, I broke a tooth on a bagel. Then a few days later found out my tax return was going to be several hundred dollars less because of the lame stimulus money from the year before. But on the bright side...my massive amounts of dental bills were still paid off in a few months...and I have no idea how that happened...the money just seemed to "be there" when I needed it. Anyway, back to today's story...

I needed to get a classroom library for my students. No problem right?? But where exactly do you get a bunch of books for 3rd graders who all read at different levels and that you can pay for on your teacher's salary?? Answer?? From an ex 3rd grade teacher that was selling them on KSL classifieds!! 250 books for $50. Exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it, and for a price I could afford. :) Thankful!!

So then later that day I was at Hobby Lobby looking for a new lamp for my room. I found one I really liked and was willing to pay the price, but wished it was a little less. So I'm checking out and this random customer lady from the next checkstand over was on her way out the door when she stopped, turned around, walked up to me, and handed me a 40% off coupon. I said "oh! thank you!", she said "you're welcome" and she left. Made my day!

Last one...

My sister-in-law got a free flat repair card at Relay For Life to use at Les Schwab (my tire store of choice). I have to keep putting air in one of my tires (yay for tire pressure sensors on my new car!) so I knew I had a problem. I took it to Les Schwab, gave them the card, they found the nail and fixed the tire as well as checked all my other tires to be sure they were road trip ready so Mecqae and I won't die on the way to California in a few days...and all for the low low price of NOTHING!! Granted, it would have only been $12.50 for the flat repair anyway...the rest is a complimentary service there...but still for $12.50 I can buy something nice at Disneyland next week...ya know, like a soda...ha ha ha.

1 comments:

Hailey said...

Okay, that's an amazing price for your classroom library! I am jealous, because I love to buy books for my classroom! KSL... I'll have to check it out.