I mentioned awhile back that I had a goal to own all Newbery Award winning books, and of course, that I'd read them all. You can read that post, here. Well...the collection has begun!
For Christmas, I got "Strawberry Girl" from my brother and his family (and a super fun game...THANKS FAMILY!)...this began my collection. Then Friday night I went to a Thai restaurant in Salt Lake (sooooooooo good by the way) with Julie, Mel, and Ginger. Afterwards, we went to Target on a search for Tim Tams (which we didn't find...lame) and the Barnes and Noble next door called to us. So...we spent a little while there. I came home with "The Tales of Despereaux", "Julie of the Wolves", and "The Giver". I almost bought a "Therapist in a Box" but decided against it. I am sure that it would have solved all of my problems and more for the low low price of $7, but who needs therapy anyway? :)
Then...it gets better my friends...yesterday I got a Christmas gift from a friend. Brenda and I had each other for a gift exchange. Neither of us made it to the party where we were to exchange gifts because of a snowstorm, so I sent hers down with Ron's sister (Ron is Brenda's husband...a good friend from High School) who then brought mine back. Long story short...they had bought me an awesome game as well as two Newbery books! So now I have "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" and "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" too. THANKS FRIENDS!
The best part is that I need to choose a book to read to my 3rd graders...so now I have several options. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest. I have an excuse to read in all my spare time.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love many of the Newbery Award books! What a wonderful idea to collect them all. Two of my favorites are "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler", by E.L. Konigsburg and "Number the Stars" by Lois Lowry. What fun!
I forgot about The witch of Blackbird Pond! I can't even remember what it's about but I know that I liked it. LOL
You'll have to share what you choose to read with your class and maybe I'll try and read the same with Aubrey (she's in third).. :o)
And sometime when you're in the SLC area you should let me know.. I'd love to meet up with you!!
All excellent books! I highly recommend the Therapist in a Box. I bought it for Troy one Christmas since he is one!
It's probably a good thing that you have a much shorter commute these days :). I'm glad that you got the books and I hope that you enjoy them.
Post a Comment