Monday, January 5, 2009

The First Day

Well, I survived my first day of demonstration teaching. I am super tired tonight (probably because I couldn't sleep last night) but I had a pretty decent day. The kids in my class are darling! I can see that there may be a few little issues, as with any class, but all in all I think I will survive these twelve weeks. I hate not knowing what to expect, but now that I've been there once and have a better idea of what's going on I feel much more calm.

The best part? My cooperating teacher has a club house in her room...it's seriously cool. I will take a picture, you'll be impressed. Her husband is a contractor apparently (so my mother says) which might explain the well built clubhouse, complete with carpet and a sign that says "The Clubhouse".

Or maybe the best part was the lack of commute. Yeah, I left my house at 7:50 and was home by 3:30...as compared to my usual 6:50-5:10. Yeah, that was pretty sweet!

2 comments:

Shuman X Seven said...

AHHHHHH the glories of working where yo live.... a club house??? serioulsy I am jealous. THAT is outstanding!!

Mecqae said...

What a commute! Yeah! Now how do I get a clubhouse in my classroom?