Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well it's permanent now!

Today I was eating lunch at Old Grist Mill. I bit into my sandwich and I had a weird sensation in the vicinity of my front teeth. I immediately pulled the sandwich out of my mouth and felt my teeth with my tongue. One of my crowns was missing! I looked at my sandwich and there it was! PHEW! How bad would it be if I swallowed or aspirated it? My dentist had warned me to be careful not to do either of those things if the temporary cement came loose. I quickly pulled it out of my sandwich and stuck it back on and called the dentist.

I got to the dentist and he was easily able to pull them all off with little to no effort with just his fingers. He said it was probably good I came in today because they would have all come off by Monday. I couldn't think of anything I wanted changed so I told him to just cement those suckers in. So...it's official, they are permanent now. I will always have to be a bit careful so I don't break the teeth underneath off at the gums, for then I'll have to get implants. But, after the cement hardens in another day or so I can be mostly normal again.

My favorite part? Yeah, my tooth fell off...in a sandwich.

6 comments:

Bronda Bailey said...

Wow, that is an awesome story. Too bad you had to go through all of the pain first before you could say that your tooth fell out in a sandwhich. We're happy for you that it is all done now.

Becky said...

Yay for awesome teeth!

That's so funny it came out in your sandwich.. I mean really, a sandwich?? hehehe

I once had a temp crown that got pulled off from eating a cinnamon heart. It was SUCH an odd sensation..

Mecqae said...

Yeah, new teeth!!!!! I cant wait to see them :)

Shuman X Seven said...

So where is the pic of that awesome multi thousand dollar smile???? I chipped my crown off once.... I never found it... yhat was pretty lucky!

What fun sotry to tell the kiddos some day!

Shara said...

The only thing that would have made it better, is if I were there with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that you can laugh about it now!