Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow...2008 was crazy, but good crazy. Probably one of the most life changing years I've had. I am so thankful for the good times as well as the hard times. I am also really excited for this new year. It's exciting to wonder what life will bring.

This New Year's was the best one I have had for a long time, maybe ever! I don't think I've ever spent a New Year's Eve laughing so hard in all my life. Today was pretty amazing too...so...if today is any indication of the rest of the year, I think 2009 will be pretty stinkin' cool.

So...resolutions...I'm a fan. The last few years I have tried to pick things that are doable and I have really worked on them. I haven't kept them all...but I've done pretty well! This year I decided that I would make three resolutions. This is a manageable number of resolutions...not too many, not too few. So, without further adieu...

1. Double my temple attendance from last year.
2. When in doubt, shut my mouth. This includes not saying unkind things to or about others, not "casting my pearls before swine", not reacting until I've taken time to mull it over (at which point I might decided I shouldn't react at all!), etc... I can pinpoint several times over the past year that if I'd not said a thing it'd have been much much better. This is something I've been working on and it's made a huge difference...however, I want to continue to improve in this area this year.
3. Live in the moment. If I am at work I want to focus on work, if I am with my family I want to spend my time with them and concentrate on them, etc... I want to think and worry about what I'm doing at the moment and take care of everything and everyone else later, in their own time. This is something I struggle with a lot. It's made worse by the fact that I am someone who can't multitask so everything suffers when I don't give my full attention to anything. So...if I don't answer a call or a text...that might just be why. :)

There you have it. Bring it on '09!

3 comments:

Shuman X Seven said...

It looks like you had a great holidau season! That pudding cake looks scrumptious!!! Does she share recipes?? YUMMY!!

Happy New Year, and good Luck on the Resolutions!

Steph said...

Ummmm Do you think you could let #2 slide just a teeny bit? J/K

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks so cute!

Oh, and I know you asked on Facebook, but I'm here so deal with it!

We can probably get wool yarn at Micheal's or Hobby Lobby instead of spending a lot more at the fancy store.