Sunday, March 1, 2009
Allergy
I did a unit on the food pyramid with my class. For each food group I tried to bring some "unique" examples from the food group for them to try. Well there aren't a lot of exotic fruits in the middle of winter, so I took kiwi, mango, and blood oranges. There is a boy in my class that is apparently allergic to a lot of fruits and learned this week that mango is also on that list. Yes, that's right...I almost killed a kid with my mango! Yeah, that was fun. Thankfully, the office had some medicine for him. It would have been nice if either the parents, the office, or preferably both had informed the teacher at some point that this was an issue. Luckily the parents were mad at the kid for eating unknown fruit rather than mad at me for almost killing him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I saw when you put that on facebook.. that's crazy! Did the parents know that Mango was a no-no?
I can't believe with that bad of food allergies that they hadn't told the office/you.
Hayden is allergic to plums (pukes everywhere) and he knows not to eat them and has for awhile (just turned 5) plus I make sure to let anyone that will be 'caring' for him know.
Crazy! I'm glad they office had something.
Post a Comment