Sunday, March 29, 2009

Coincidence?

This story is too crazy not to share.

Several weeks ago in our YW lesson, one of the other leaders had brought a book she found at the D.I. It was one of those "Grandmother's Memories" books that you can buy and fill out with questions like "My favorite place to be as a child was...." and stuff like that. It looked like this...Anyway, she picked it up and it was all filled out. She put it back, walked around the store looking, but just couldn't get it out of her head. So she bought it...for a dollar. Anyway, it went well with the lesson so she brought it to church. All I knew was the ladies name and where she grew up.

So...a few days later I was sitting at school chatting with the foster grandparent in our classroom (a.k.a. Ron's grandma). She was talking about one of the other foster grandparents at our school and mentioned her name. It wasn't a super common name so I said, "did she grow up in (insert name of large city on the other side of the country that I'm not including in post for privacy reasons because it's not my place to put other people's personal information on the internet here)? Low and behold...it's the journal lady! RANDOM! Oh, don't worry...it gets better. So it dawned on me that my old roommate's father-in-law used to live in the same building with journal lady and Ron's grandma, so I asked her if she knew him. Yeah, journal lady used to be married to my old roommate's father-in-law. Did you follow that? Yeah...SO RANDOM!

Long story short...the journal has been returned to its rightful owner.

4 comments:

Steph said...

That's awesome!! I swear you're the queen of Random Occurances.

Shuman X Seven said...

FANTASTIC!! You know, they say you are only 90 degrees from knowing anyone??? Perhaps it was divine intervention...or maybe you should have been a Prvate Investigator?????

Hailey said...

This story is still killing me! It's crazy!

Bronda Bailey said...

That is so cool. Way to be inspired to get it where it should be.