Saturday, February 28, 2009
Date? Um, no
On Thursday the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at our school went on a field trip to see Ballet West's "Madame Butterfly". Well...in case you were wondering, the ballet is just as inappropriate for children as the opera...but whatever. A young man in my class was having a particularly "naughty" week and therefore I told him he was to be with me at all times. So of course he sat with me on the bus, at the ballet, and followed me around everywhere I went. He's a fairly delightful character and kept joking about being my BFF. Well we got back to the school and were walking in (he is of course at the front of the line by me) and he said, "we are now BFFL". I asked him what in the blazes that means and he said, "best friends for love". I said "um, weird" to which he replied, "it was the best date I have ever been on!" The only comeback I could think of was, "hmmm, that's funny because it's the weirdest date I've ever been on!" Sadly, that might not actually be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment