One of the best books I have read in a long time is The BFG by Roald Dahl. It was a delight from beginning to end! I read it to my 3rd graders and I honestly had to stop reading occasionally just to laugh. The book is very clever and definitely worth a read.Some of his other works that you may be familiar with are Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Twits, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, The Gremlins, and The Witches. He also wrote several screenplays, one of which was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
My favorite picture book at the moment is Sam, Bangs, and Moonshine written and illustrated by Evaline Ness. It is a Caldecott winner and is just so stinkin' cute! It's a great one for those kids (or adults) who like to tell tall tales. :) I highly recommend it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment