
I have a new favorite song every few days, which you may have noticed by the constant changing of the song on my blog. Sometimes I have a song on repeat on my iPod because I'm obsessed with it at the moment. I also think that often the music people listen to says a lot about them. At least for me, the music I am listening to can tell you a lot about my current mood, emotions, and feelings. This is primarily why I put music on my blog, because it is "telling" for me. It usually (but not always) says a lot about what is going on with me. Anyway...because of this, certain songs remind me of certain people, experiences, or times in my life.
What does this have to do with Celine Dion? Well...my first CD was Celine Dion's "Colour Of My Love" which was an Easter present when I was in Jr. High. We spent that Easter in Grand Junction, Colorado with my cousins (woohoo!). Every time I hear it, it makes me think of spring. I remember listening to it on my headphones in the van on the way to Colorado. I remember listening to it each morning as I got ready for school. So...each spring I have to have a listen or two to this CD to reminisce. :)

2 comments:
Isn't it funny how music can do that? It is really nice to have a few extra reminders of spring.
Very cool memory. Mine is when Aubrey (who will be 9 tomorrow) was a baby and I would rock her to sleep (she cried a lot) we would BLAST this song and it would put her to sleep. Love it!!
Post a Comment