They say you should never say that things are going so well out loud (or in this case, post it on your blog) because the angels will hear you and know you need a trial. Obviously that's lame...but it does make me laugh to post this story right after posting about how thankful I am for all the miracles in my life...especially the miracle of being able to pay my dental bills.
Picture this...you're eating a bagel on your way to work... and all of the sudden you notice part of your tooth is missing! That's right friends...I broke my tooth on a bagel. It wasn't an old stale bagel that was hard as a rock...don't be fooled. Just an ordinary bagel. I told you my teeth suck! It wasn't one of my new ones, don't worry...but one of my molars. Just a big chunk of tooth came off in my bagel. So...now I'm not only the person who broke her leg in a library, broke both her legs 24 hours apart, whose tooth fell off in a sandwich, but this just in...I broke my tooth on a freakin' bagel. Go ahead, laugh...I would if I were you! One of these days I will blog about my broken legs...funny stories I tell ya.
Anyway, my dentist wasn't in the office today and I torment the poor guy enough already and decided to not call his emergency number but to wait until Monday to go and have him assess the damage.
On the bright side...more nitrous oxide (I love that stuff)!
Part of me thinks this is hilarious while another part of me wants to have a good cry. I haven't decided which part to listen to yet.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Don't cry. Come over and I'll fix you some nice soft mashed potatoes!;)
I'd laugh so hard about it that it would make me cry. That's how I handle most situations. (And sorry - but it IS funny that you broke your tooth on a bagel.)
UGH! And HA!
You are too good at telling your story, because I knew I should feel sad for you, but it made me laugh. I'm sure your dentist loves you, buying him all that nice stuff. Anyway, good luck. If you feel like crying, read your story and realize what a great writer you are. That will make you feel better.
Julianne, you poor thing! I think you better stick to smoothies and milkshakes! Hope things go better soon. I never see you at church, how sad is that? Dang callings keep us from socializing at church!
Post a Comment