I love January. I know, I'm likely the only person on earth to say such a thing, but I do. It's like a long month the daily routine and little else...which I find to be an excellent change after the crazy holiday season. I love pink and hearts and flowers...not to mention love in the air and other mushy crap...so February is pretty much awesome too. I even like the cheesy conversation hearts (not the taste, they taste like an antacid...I just like to look at them because they are cute). But even though I love this time of year (come to think of it...is there a time of year I don't like? probably not), with all the routine day to day stuff it gets to the point where you need a mental health day. At the moment, I can't take a day off...so...I took a weekend off!It actually started on Thursday night. Ginger came down and we went to Maddox and watched Grey's Anatomy and The Office. We had a great time. I always have fun when I'm with Ginger.
Friday Night I spent some time playing with one of my nieces. Her parents went out for an early Valentine's dinner. We had so much fun! Then I went to Logan and saw a movie with a couple of friends (Ginger and Amy). We saw "He's Just Not That Into You" which was fun. I'm not going to recommend the movie because I both hated and liked it. I really can't decide. There were some things I really didn't like about it, but there were also some funny parts that I laughed really hard about...so whatever.
My mom had to do a couple of presentations Saturday morning at a conference in Provo. I went with her and went shopping while she did her presentations. It was so much fun! After my mom finished...we did some more shopping (there is a super huge Dillards in Provo that we try to hit occassionally...it's amazing). We found a Thai restaurant for lunch (my favorite!) that was really good. After our shopping extravaganza we headed to Ogden to meet up with some of the family for more shopping and dinner. We were gone from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and I was really tired when we got home...but it was a really really fun day. My favorite part? It was forty degrees when we were driving home from Provo. It felt like spring as I was cruising down the highway...that is true happiness right there. :)
Now after a weekend of fun, it's back to reality. I think I can handle it...I feel refreshed.

0 comments:
Post a Comment