Monday, June 22, 2009

Oregon 2009 - Day 1

Here's the day in a nutshell...

That's right...that is what we saw for like 10 hours today. It was delightful as you can imagine.

This is Daisy checking out the map, just trying to figure out how much longer she had to sit in the car before she could romp around on some actual grass (as opposed to the crappy weeds...that are really bad for dogs mind you...that cover the "pet areas" at rest stops).


I was trying to take a photo of the Columbia River as we drove along the freeway. In the split second between my pressing the button and the camera actually taking the photo, we would pass a friggin' tree! Of course, in this area there were more clear spots than trees (hence why I chose it to try and capture a photo, but I have all the luck so I got every tree. I thought it was hilarious though.


Success!! (After like 900 "tree photos" mind you...that's perseverance my friends)


And finally...we arrive in Hood River. This is the view from the patio of our hotel room...nice!


And last but not least... see this screen??

Yeah, Daisy didn't as she made a run to "greet" the golden retriever walking past our hotel room. Luckily Grandpa was able to put the screen door back on the tracks, and aside from being startled to death, scolded, laughed at, and a small abrasion under her right eye, she is okay. I hope she learned her lesson. I, myself, am still laughing hysterically about it.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh poor Daisy. I bet she was really embarrassed.

Joyce said...

P.S. I love the Bon Jovi song.