Okay, before we start I have a disclaimer: don't pity me when you read this post because I honestly don't feel bad about the whole thing.
#4 was to eat at the Aussie restaurant in Idaho Falls. So, since I'd not been to Idaho Falls in the past year, my mom and I decided to come for a few days to celebrate my birthday and eat at the Aussie restaurant for "the list". First let me say that my mom and I would have gone to Park City or somewhere if we didn't come here, so it wasn't an extra trip. We just came here rather than elsewhere...which actually resulted in cheaper hotels. Anyway, we left last night and got a hotel on the falls, just across from the temple. This morning we went shopping for a bit and then spent a little over an hour trying to find the Aussie restaurant for lunch (since we have to eat there today because I'll be 29 tomorrow and it'll be too late to make my goal). Well, with three separate addresses we located on the internet and my mom's GPS (Wanda as we call her), we wandered about Idaho Falls. One address produced a Jiffy Lube, another a Mexican restaurant, and the third a hotel restaurant. So we went to Olive Garden (neither of us complained). :) We asked a clerk at Dillards later in the day about it, she called her boss who "knows everything about Idaho Falls" and she said it used to be here, then there, and then there...and now it's out of business. That explains the three addresses!
So I can honestly say that I did all I could to eat there, but it was impossible to do so. Oh well!
The best part? Mom, Wanda, and I had a great time hanging out in Idaho Falls today!! We shopped, went to a movie, shopped some more (I got cute shoes...who can complain about that?), and enjoyed some chill time at the hotel. Tomorrow morning we're going to hit Barnes and Noble, Petsmart, and Petco...my three favorite stores! So all in all, we've had a great trip! Not to mention the fact that I got to use some of my brand new luggage my parents gave me for my birthday!!! They gave it to me early so I could use it on our mini vacation. :) It's super cute and I love it...thanks mom and dad!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Gee, LUCKY! Hope you had a wonderful time, and a fantastic Birthday.
I sure hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!! Love you to death!
Post a Comment