After returning to work after my sabbatical, I applied for a transfer to the 3rd grade for next year (if an opening was available). I enjoyed teaching 3rd grade MUCH MUCH more than teaching music (and frankly I love teaching music...so I REALLY LOVE teaching 3rd grade). A few weeks ago a spot opened up in the 3rd grade (we will really miss Jen!). I have since been waiting to hear whether or not I could transfer. Well today it became official...my principal offered me the spot and of course I took it! I am so excited!! I think it will be a fun new adventure in my life. After six years of teaching music it is time for a change. And to make my great news even better, I get to work with an amazing group of 3rd grade teachers and I can hardly wait!
Monday, May 4, 2009
3rd Grade here I come!
After returning to work after my sabbatical, I applied for a transfer to the 3rd grade for next year (if an opening was available). I enjoyed teaching 3rd grade MUCH MUCH more than teaching music (and frankly I love teaching music...so I REALLY LOVE teaching 3rd grade). A few weeks ago a spot opened up in the 3rd grade (we will really miss Jen!). I have since been waiting to hear whether or not I could transfer. Well today it became official...my principal offered me the spot and of course I took it! I am so excited!! I think it will be a fun new adventure in my life. After six years of teaching music it is time for a change. And to make my great news even better, I get to work with an amazing group of 3rd grade teachers and I can hardly wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am still so excited for you that I can't stand it!!! You better still be there in 6 years for my little angel (haha). By the way I LOVE your new song, I'm just sitting here staring at your blog so that I can listen to it. YAY!! Can't wait to celebrate this Grand Occasion!!
Congratulations! Wish you could be our sons 3rd grade teacher next year. It's so CrAzY to me that he's that old already.
Awwwww. And we are so excited to have you in 3rd grade with us!!!!!
Congrats! I'm really glad you got the position, I'm sure you are going to do awesome. :)
Post a Comment