Monday, December 1, 2008

Photo Tag

My sistapants tagged me, but I had already answered that tag awhile back...so...I found another tag I thought looked fun that I hadn't yet done and figured I'd answer that one instead. Fairynuff?

Okay, so I'm supposed to open my photo folder and open the fourth folder and upload the fourth photo and explain it. Here goes...
This is one of my most favorite people...Leisa. She is more commonly referred to as "Leisa, my best friend who lives in Australia". I miss her like crazy! Anyway, this is her sitting in front of the heater looking for a song to play for me. This was "tease Jewels with music" day if I remember correctly. It began with Dave (her husband, my other favorite Aussie) commenting on my gorgeous eyes (I know right!). Then he began to sing "she has her eyes, my Lily's hazel eyes" from the Secret Garden. Well, I've never seen the musical, but I had lived through a similar moment before. A previous boyfriend was always telling me how beautiful my eyes were, but in the cheesy line kind of way rather than the "ah, that was sweet" kind of way. He was king of the cheesy lines, not joking, but that's a story for another day. He constantly sang that song to me and it drove me nuts! Anyway, Dave didn't know this when he began his serenade, but I quickly clued him in to my hatred of that song. As you can imagine, this was stupid because now I'll never live it down. So then Leisa decided to continue this musical mockery of yours truly. Here we get to the photo... she was looking for some song called "Pash". I don't remember much about the song except that it was called "Pash" and since pash is Aussie slang for french kissing, similar to "snog" for the British types, it was about making out. So there is your Aussie slang lesson for the day. Pashing is the same as snogging, which is like our making out. Do you feel educated?

3 comments:

Becky said...

lol Sooo educated. Who knew. (not me)

I LOVE The Secret Garden.. like know every single word, love it.

It's going to be part of this next year's Shakespearean Festival down in Cedar City.. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it (we're going in August).

Anonymous said...

Fair enough! That is a fun one!

toni said...

Hi Jue! I wish I could see you. I drove by your parents house the other day and basked in the memories of summers past. Alas...
I suppose now I'll know how you're doing.