Tomorrow is the last day of school before Christmas...this is awesome! Unfortunately, it is also the last day I will be there until April...this is not awesome. I know that I have been planning and preparing for this "sabbatical leave" for almost a year now, but with it fast approaching I feel anything but ready! I am both excited and nervous for my demonstration teaching and know that it'll be one huge step closer to finishing my masters. The problem is that I will really miss my kids and my friends at school. I have had several students cry this week because I'm leaving (wow, who'd have thought?) including a student who had a complete meltdown today. To be honest, I shed some tears on the way home tonight myself...but I'm sure that lack of sleep and not feeling well contributed to that as well. I know that I go all summer each summer away from my job, but that's not quite as long and everyone is gone. This time they will all be there without me. :( Meanwhile, I'll be in a strange school doing things I don't normally do with not my kids.
On the bright side...I will only have to drive six blocks on the nasty winter roads. I will also not have to leave until 7:45 and be home before 4:00. That, my friends, is FABULOUS!
Just another note...this is my 50th post. Check out my blogginess! I'm so proud. :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So proud of you Jule!Are you "done" in April, then? I personally am jealous of anyone who can handle grad school. I'll support anyone who wants to do it (including Awesome Evan) but don't make me do it! Congrats!
Hey Doll. It'll be worth it, but you already knew that. Love you.
We will miss you tons!!!
I understand the pain of leaving the kids you love. Especially the ones you have had for how many years now. But it will all be worth it and I am excited for your next step :) Oh, and way to go on 50 - that is awesome :) Love your guts!
Enjoy the later mornings! With a new baby, I see all kind of strange hours of the night that I would prefer to sleep through. :) I have discovered that CNN repeats the same two or three shows over and over again at night. Larry King, Anderson 360, and probably something else. I am too tired to remember right now. :)
Post a Comment