Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonder Something

Some may call it a winter wonderland, others, winter wonder hell. Whatever the case may be...it sure has been wintry! Friday morning's commute was great, until the last two blocks! By then I was in the 20 mph school zone anyway, so it was no biggy. After a great day at school I headed to Logan for a night with the girls. Julie, Ginger, Mel, and I went to Hamilton's for dinner. As always, the food was really good and the company even better! Then we went back to the house (Julie's house, where I lived last year) and lit a fire. We opened presents and had fun chatting and laughing. Mel and I stayed the night and we had aebleskivers, bacon, and eggs for breakfast. It was delicious!
Then after I concluded that the roads were not going to improve any time in the near future, I headed home. The roads weren't too bad, aside from the canyon. I made it home without too much trouble.

When I got home, the whole stinkin' family was here...yay! So we just did what it is we do when we're all here. It's always nice to see all my favorite people. I was going to go to Salt Lake Saturday afternoon to see my friend Sarah who lives in California that I never get to see (thankfully she will be in Idaho all week, so we will catch each other before she goes back home). I also had a Christmas party to attend that evening. However, the roads were awful and I-15 was closed. So, I stayed here in town. I watched A Muppet Christmas Carol with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece instead. It was a really nice night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this new policy where if there's any trace of snow or ice on my car that would require me to do any sort of scraping or brushing, I opt to stay home. It has resulted in many evenings with books and falling asleep at 8 PM. Happiest winter ever!

Steph said...

I have never heard of an aebelskiver,however, if that is what the picture is all sbout I do believe that I should come to know them very soon!!! YUM!

Shuman X Seven said...

I only like snow with a watm fir and a cup of hot cocoa and me in flannel PJ's in a rocking chair!!!

P.S. I will really miss you!!

Anonymous said...

After all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas...