Friday, January 29, 2010

Today I'm remembering...

all the men, women, and children of the Shoshone Nation who suffered much and lost their lives on this cold, snowy day in 1863.


On January 29, 1863, a few miles north of Preston, Idaho, along the banks of the Bear River, the largest slaughter of Native Americans in the country took place.

Today I pay my respects to my Shoshone friends and their ancestors.

I will never forget...

3 comments:

Bronda Bailey said...

And Colonel had absolutely no authority to leave Utah Territory. :( Sadly, he got the promotion he wanted.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Thank you for reminding me. I cannot even imagine that horror. I hope you remind the kids at school. I think I will take a ride out there today. I love my bay window because it faces those grounds and it is a constant reminder. Thanks Juli.

kaTie said...

techer look at my moms blog







canyon