Saturday, January 2, 2010

I love you 2009. Well hello 2010, nice to meet you!

Okay...so I did okay with last years resolutions. Let's review them, shall we?

1. Double my temple attendance from last year.
2. When in doubt, shut my mouth. This includes not saying unkind things to or about others, not "casting my pearls before swine", not reacting until I've taken time to mull it over (at which point I might decided I shouldn't react at all!), etc... I can pinpoint several times over the past year that if I'd not said a thing it'd have been much much better. This is something I've been working on and it's made a huge difference...however, I want to continue to improve in this area this year.
3. Live in the moment. If I am at work I want to focus on work, if I am with my family I want to spend my time with them and concentrate on them, etc... I want to think and worry about what I'm doing at the moment and take care of everything and everyone else later, in their own time. This is something I struggle with a lot. It's made worse by the fact that I am someone who can't multitask so everything suffers when I don't give my full attention to anything. So...if I don't answer a call or a text...that might just be why. :)

I'll be honest, #1...I did not do. :( So, we'll repeat that one until I get it right! I made some serious improvements with #2, but I still have some to make. I have to thank the amazing ladies I work with for helping me with this one. They are the most non-gossipy group of women! They are such a good influence on me and made it much easier for me to work on that resolution. Love them! I totally rocked on #3...well, until the past 3 days for which I've been kinda lame (sorry friends and family...I'll do better). But in my defense...when you are 29 and single and a cute, single guy is texting you...you text back. :)

So what's new for this year...

1. Okay, like I said...double my temple attendance is on this years list again because I sucked it up.
2. I've decided that 2010 is going to be my year of really living. I think I've gotten pretty decent at this in the past few years, but I'm going to get better. I'm going to make a serious effort to crawl into bed every night without regrets to how I spent my day.
3. Be more like a kid in that they are not good at hiding their true selves. Why do we do that as adults?? Why do we try to hide the fact that we're totally obsessed with the new sweater we got for Christmas while kids will literally wear it for days until their mom forces them to take it off to be washed?? When they are scared, you know it. When they need to go to the bathroom they do the little dance and you know they need to go. You don't have to guess, you can figure them out. I'm going to be more childlike...because kids are awesome! :)

Okay, so the Lord promised me a year ago that when I got to the end of 2009 I would look back and say that it was an incredible year (I can't remember the exact wording...but that's pretty close). As always...He delivered on his promise. 2009 was a truly life changing year for me, from beginning to end. It had its trials, that's for sure...but really, it was an amazing year. I have been more blessed in 2009 than any other year (and I was pretty blessed already). Thanks to all of you for blessing my life!

And with that...I just have to say...okay 2010, let's go!

2 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Love that! Thank you for the idea of doubling my temple attendance. That wouldn't be hard since I probably only went 2 times. :( So sad, so I will be doing that as well.

kaTie said...

You go girl!

Love. Love. Love your post!

You know... acting childlike... being who we are... I'm getting better at that as I age. I don't worry sooo much about what people think if I say "no" or whatever it is I'm doing. Sometimes, you do just have to be a bit selfish and make yourself smile and not worry about what "they might think"....