Saturday, July 24, 2010

#3 - Check!

While I might not be writing my papers as quickly as I should be or could be, I sure am working at this years list!

I went to a rodeo. I thought it was my first rodeo but my mom informed me that I didn't have a deprived childhood after all and had been to several. I am still, however, going to refer to this as my first rodeo because it's the first one I went to on purpose and the first one I remember.

Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo 2010

Isn't that a gorgeous arena?? I love the mountains in Ogden...they make for a spectacular backdrop.

Anyway... I am very thankful that even in my singleness, I can always get people to accompany me to an event. My people are awesome!


Clearly, I have been fully country-fied (not to be confused with country-fried) working in rural Idaho for all these years because I felt right at home with all the country music, cowboy hats, Wranglers, and pairs of Ariats around me. I loved every single minute of the night, but my favorite parts were the mutton busting (that is going on the list of things my future children will do, right after clogging...see what I mean about being country-fied?) and bull riding. It's official, I need to find me a good looking cowboy. :)

I was also happy to learn that my pioneer ancestors celebrated their arrival in Utah, two years later, with a parade and a rodeo. I believe I've got myself a new 24th of July tradition. Yeehaw!


Skydivers!


Such talent...right on target!


One amazing 8 seconds!


Bull fighters have a cool job.


1 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Very awesome! I'd count this too. You are such a doll! Love the rodeo...Yee Haw!