Monday, April 20, 2009

A trip down memory lane

Well, if it weren't for the fact that it's "birthday month" in my family, I'd have nothing to blog about these days, it seems. The fact is, I'm just spending time doing a whole lot of whatever (which is super fun, but not really blogtastic) and trying to figure out my life. Now that I'm back at work, I'm trying to settle back to some sort of "normal", whatever that means, and figure out my "next steps".

So I thought it was time for a trip down memory lane, to spice up the blog a bit. For this, I'm going to visit my photos and find a random photo.

And the winner is...

Oh, this one will be good. So it's a cemetery, obviously. I LOVE cemeteries! I think they are peaceful and represent so many stories. Every person has such a unique story to tell, and I love wondering what their lives were like, what circumstances led them here, what and who they left behind, etc. It's fascinating. Well, this particular cemetery is just down the street from my friend Leisa's unit (well, the unit she lived in the first time I went to Australia, many years ago). I walked over there a few times just to walk through the cemetery. I actually took this photo to show my mom what the cemetary in Australia looked like, because this obviously looks much different than ours here in America.

Should we do one more? Yes!

Ahh, that's a good one! This is another one from several years ago. This nephew is now almost seven. Anyway, my favorite band, The Corrs, was doing a U.S. tour, but of course not in SLC, so some of my family was kind enough to plan their summer vacation so they could accompany me to San Diego so I could go to their concert. This is at a condo in Vegas we stayed at on our way down. I believe he is telling us that his eggs go in his mouth. :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that cemetery was really interesting. They fascinate me too. Are you allowed to sit on it? Just thinking it would be kind of cool to sit on my brother's if it was like that and ponder life. LOL

Anyway, how many more goals do you have left until your birthday? Did you know that I still remember your birthday? I can't remember *anything* yet I remember that.. lol And I tell people too. Had someone mention that day and I said, "Oh, that's Juli's birthday!" ROFL

:o)

Anonymous said...

I went walking in the cemetery yesterday and it felt different than just being outside it. You should come walk with me...it would get you ready for the Relay!!!

Oh, I thought of a new thing for your new birthday list! Have you ever been to Scottish games? I think we're going to go this year if you want to come along!

Anonymous said...

Who said I'd be on your Relay for Life team?? I'm not a "yes man" remember, I'm a "no woman!"

Scottish Games might be fun, I could visit Hailey!