Monday, June 14, 2010

Simple Pleasures

With the ease of summer, I now have more time to think... and play and, well, blog. Yay! I need to do some catching up on my blog actually. My life is far from boring, it's just too fun to sit at the computer much. But as I said, my time is more free so perhaps I'll catch up a bit.

I am a very optimistic soul. I think I have a natural tendency to be that way personality-wise. I have also spent much time and effort in my 20's (especially my latter 20's...don't I sound so old and mature referring to my 20's as the past...ha ha) cultivating this skill of seeing the good in life. It's not a perfect science...because let's be honest, life can be super crappy. However, I think it's a good habit that everyone can improve upon regardless of where they fall on the "level of optimism" spectrum.

The level of optimism spectrum looks like this...


Are you so impressed with my diagram?? Ha ha!

Anyway, I believe that if you are too optimistic you annoy people...and frankly, it's impossible to be happy ALL THE TIME! Life wouldn't be beautiful without the ups and downs. However, focusing on the good things in life has made a big difference for me. When all else fails, we can at least focus on those simple pleasures that bring a smile to our face.

Here is a list of some of my current "simple pleasures"...

  • a really good song on the radio
  • a sunny day
  • Tuesday nights
  • puppy kisses
  • unsolicited compliments
  • summer nights
  • hearing an Australian accent
  • daisies
  • concerts
  • Sunday
  • trying something new
  • feeling hope
  • a good book
  • fireworks
  • the feel of the sun on my skin
  • Diet Coke with vanilla :)
What are yours??

2 comments:

Micah E. said...

Otter pops!

kaTie said...

hi miss crawford dont you like us your class canyon katie
dont mind the katie