
Well, it's official. I have now been to Antelope Island. It is everything I hoped it would be...and perhaps more. Driving out there was not even bad with water on both sides of the car (side note: my worst fear is driving into some body of water...I blame a terrifying trip to Galveston, Texas as a young child) being as the road was rather wide and my sister in law is an awesome driver. We saw bison, antelope (so appropriate), and more gnats than anyone ever needs to see in their entire life combined.
I learned that the Great Salt Lake is the largest natural body of water west of the Mississippi. That's kind of cool. We visited the Fielding Garr Ranch which was kind of fun as well. By far, the best part was that my niece and nephew taught me to skip rocks and for the first time in my life, I was successful at it! I don't know if part of that had to do with the fact that the beach we were on was covered with big flat rocks perfect for such a thing, or perhaps it's easier to skip rocks on super salty water (the buoyancy factor you know?), but either way...it was fun and awesome.
We had a delightful picnic and an all around awesome day. More than anything, I loved spending time with my family. They are amazing and I love them.

2 comments:
I've often wondered about that little place. Hmm, I think you've inspired me to want to check it out. My children would love to skip rocks! Nice to know that you were not disappointed in your adventure and I'm even more impressed that you survived the drive. Way to go!
So glad you came! We really should try Golden Spike this summer! Thanks for coming! :-)
Post a Comment