One night the wind was blowing so badly that it blew the rain and ocean water (I know there was ocean water too because it tasted salty when it blew in my face on the way into the hotel after our ice cream run) in sheets onto the patio of our hotel. It was crazy! We just turned on the fireplace (remember back in the day when we lit fires in fireplaces rather than flipping a switch to turn them on? we're crazy spoiled) and hunkered down for the night.
We mostly hung out in our hotel room and watched a lot of movies because I was ridiculously sick. I suppose if you are going to be sick in bed it might as well be a bed on the beach with a fabulous ocean view huh? We ventured out to hit our favorite spots. We went to Mo's, Pig N' Pancake, the outlet mall (I slept in the car with Daisy while my mom shopped), and of course Puppy Love By The Sea. Daisy and I were able to go for a walk and play on the beach a couple times. It wasn't the several times a day like we prefer, but we'll take what we can get.
Well, my strange illness didn't end after spring break, I've been sick ever since. I think I'm finally getting better now, slowly but surely...at least I hope so. I honestly can't remember ever being so sick in all my life and for so long (pancreatitis and cholecystitis aside of course). My students have been really patient with my lack of voice for the past month. They are the best ever!
Anyway, that's pretty much what's been going on for me these days. Hopefully as I get feeling better and with spring finally being here, my life will pick up and be a little more fun.

1 comments:
I hear UT has been getting snow lately. So much for spring!
Post a Comment