Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scars

I had a little incident while getting ready last Sunday that has left a slight scar just above my lip on the left side. I kinda like it...which I find creepy! I like scars, and I think that makes me crazy. :) I guess it started with my surgery a couple years ago. I have four scars (two large and two small) on my abdomen from that event. I kind of like them because it reminds me of that significant event and how it changed my life. That may sound stupid, but seriously, I had horrific abdominal pain as long as I can remember (my dad remembers it starting around age four) and I haven't had any since...that's pretty significant to me. Anyway, it was a hard time for me and the events surrounding the surgery are etched in my memory. It was a big deal in my life and I think of the scars as battle wounds and therefore, kind of like them. Well, this brings me to my craziness of today...the new scar. I guess I think that each scar tells a story, and it becomes part of who we are and where we come from and that makes them beautiful. This is why I am not tempted by the advertising of those scar remedies. I guess I want to keep my scars, and I find it kind of sad that they fade away with time. I guess the fading too is kind of poetic...but that's a whole new kinda crazy and I've let out enough crazy for the day.

0 comments: