Monday, February 28, 2011

Disneyland 2010

As I mentioned in my last post, I went to Disneyland in December to celebrate my graduation.

Walt Disney was awesome. I did a report on him in elementary school, after reading his biography, and I've admired him ever since.


Only Disney can book the famous reindeer. They were resting up in preparation for "The Big Night". Also...they stink...a lot...a whole lot.


The Mad Hatter hit on my mom. He honestly sat there (at times with his arm around her...talking to her much of the time) for about 20 minutes.
My mom is shy, so this was quite entertaining.


Christmas! Disney!


Christmas! Love it!


I loved the holiday version of It's A Small World. Although...you know how many times you hear that song on the ride? Well imagine that but with Jingle Bells and Christmas decor and you have a good idea of what to expect. The outside was all lit up and had a little light show every 15 minutes which was really cool too.


We were up front for the parade. It was awesome. The big guy made an appearance.


Love them!


The Haunted Mansion was redone to be The Nightmare Before Christmas. That was seriously cool!


But the absolute highlight of the trip (besides the stay in Disneyland Hotel, of course) was on the last night we were there. My parents went back to the hotel to head to bed. I, on the other hand, wanted to savor every last minute I had at the Disneyland Park. So, I saw Fantasmic, walked around the park a bit, and rode a few rides. Well, when I got to Splash Mountain (my all time favorite ride), there was not a line. So I rode it once with a few people. When we got back to the loading area, the lady asked if we wanted to go again. The others declined, but I said yes (of course!). So...I rode alone. That's right...in a log by myself! And when I came around again, she again asked if I wanted to go again. This continued for quite awhile...I just sat in that log and went around and around and around. I honestly lost count of how many times I rode the ride. It was AWESOME! Well, I figured I needed photo evidence of this, so I went to buy a photo. The girl in the photo booth said, as I walked up, "you have several photos to choose from, we should be able to find a good one!" So we looked through them, noting that I got more and more wet each time, and picked one. Truly, they all looked pretty much alike. I did try a few different poses, but they all looked kinda dumb. :)

So here you have it...


What a fun trip! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!!

1 comments:

K Walton said...

So fun! I've never been so we're saving our pennies. I'm glad you had a good time!